The Museum of Fire occupies the Engine Room of 76-78, Lauriston Place, Edinburgh which was built in 1900 as the Central Fire Engine Station of Edinburgh Fire Brigade.

With the building now surplus to the requirements of the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service, the future of the museum is under threat.

Help us persuade the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service and Museums Galleries Scotland to save the entire building for development as a world-class Scottish National Museum of Fire and as a tribute to James Braidwood, first Firemaster of Edinburgh and Father of the British Fire Service.